The fee estimator allows you to calculate an estimate of the application fee for different types of foreign investment proposals.
Things to note about application fees
- Persons are required to pay a fee for each application made or notice given under the Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act 2015 (limited exceptions apply).
- The statutory timeframe for making a decision will not start until the fee has been paid in full.
- Where one agreement covers more than one action, the single highest fee for those actions will apply. This does not include interests in residential land, where a separate fee is payable for each action.
- For more information on the fees applying to foreign investment applications, see Guidance Note 29 (residential land fees) and Guidance Note 30 (business fees).
How to use the estimator
- Select the type of investment from the acquisition type drop down menu.
- For some application types you will need to select an acquisition sub type from the drop down menu.
- If necessary, enter the consideration (or expected purchase price) in the consideration value field.
- The fee estimate will be displayed at the bottom of the estimator.
Further information about each acquisition types will be displayed below the fee estimate.
The fee estimator provides an estimate of a fee only. The final fee that applies to a foreign investment proposal is calculated based on the details of a submitted application.