FIRB Application Portal
This quick reference guide is designed to guide applicants on providing additional information for a foreign investment proposal or variation application in the FIRB Application Portal (Portal) by way of loading attachments. For guidance on navigating the system to this step, please refer to the previous quick reference guides at http://firb.gov.au/resources/.
How to load an attachment
- On the ‘Additional Information’ screen, select the attachment type from the ‘Attachment Type’ drop down list.
- Once the attachment type has been selected, click on the black ‘Select file’ button in the ‘Attachment Type’ grid in the middle of the screen.
NB: All foreign investment proposal or variation applications must contain a cover letter. Where the application is for agriculture land, applicants must also attach a title document. If the application is to issue securities in an entity, a targeted cohort list must also be attached. These are mandatory requirements.
- The ‘Choose file to upload’ pop-up window will now display.
- Select the file to load from the ‘Documents library’ by clicking on the document name and the ‘Open’ button in the bottom right of the pop-up window.
- The document will now appear under the ‘Files waiting to be uploaded’ heading in the ‘Attachment Type’ grid.
- To load the attachment, click on the green ‘Add Attachment’ button.
- The document will now appear in the ‘Uploaded files’ grid at the bottom of the screen.
- To load additional attachments, select the attachment type from the ‘Attachment Type’ drop down list
and repeat steps 2-6 above.
How to remove an attachment
- To remove an attachment, click on the ‘Remove’ button in the ‘Uploaded files’ grid at the bottom right of