Word download215.99 KB
PDF download355.89 KB

The Overview guidance note provides foreign investors with an overview of the rules that underpin Australia’s foreign investment framework, and how those rules are applied. In doing so, it operates as a high-level guide to the other guidance notes available on the FIRB website. It may assist foreign investors to decide:

  • when they need to submit an application;
  • when they are not required to submit an application, but may consider doing so;
  • the types of conditions that are typically applied to approvals for certain types of investment; and
  • how approved investors are required to comply with such conditions.