Word download223.21 KB
PDF download485.38 KB
Foreign persons generally require foreign investment approval before acquiring interests in securities or assets, or taking other actions in relation to corporations, unit trusts and businesses that have a connection to Australia.
Within this guidance note you will find further information on business investments and the topics below:
- When does a proposed business investment require approval?
- General Australian entities and businesses
- Land entities
- Media businesses
- National security businesses
- Additional actions for foreign government investors
- Passive increases
- Offshore acquisitions and takeovers
- Other acquisitions – significant actions or reviewable national security actions
- Starting a business in Australia
- Entering into agreements
- Exemption certificates for business acquisitions