Foreign persons generally require foreign investment approval before acquiring interests in securities or assets, or taking other actions in relation to corporations, unit trusts and businesses that have a connection to Australia.
Within this guidance note you will find further information on business investments and the topics below:
- When does a proposed business investment require approval?
- General Australian entities and businesses
- Land entities
- Media businesses
- National security businesses
- Additional actions for foreign government investors
- Passive increases
- Offshore acquisitions and takeovers
- Other acquisitions – significant actions or reviewable national security actions
- Starting a business in Australia
- Entering into agreements
- Exemption certificates for business acquisitions