The Australian Government expects all entities operating in Australia to maintain the highest standards of corporate behaviour, irrespective of whether those entities are Australian or foreign owned. Persons involved in operating these entities are expected to understand Australia’s regulatory environment and abide by all the relevant requirements. Some of the obligations of which foreign investors should be aware are outlined in the fact sheets below. These requirements are ongoing and may change from time to time. Accordingly, investors are expected to keep themselves up to date with any changes to their obligations that may occur.
- Fact Sheet 1 – Corporate Governance Principles
- Fact Sheet 2 – Compliance with Corporate Law Administered by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Fact Sheet 3 – Directors’ Obligations
- Fact Sheet 4 – Market Activities
- Fact Sheet 5 – Competition and Consumer Protection Laws
- Fact Sheet 6 – OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- Fact Sheet 7 – Interacting with the Australian Tax System